Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Boycott Glenn Beck Advertisers

I have a good friend and teacher who once told me that no matter how limited one's resources, to use those resources to effect positive change. This has stuck with me over the years, and I try to be part of the solution rather than the problem.

When you are poor that means being a conscientous, informed consumer. Organized boycotts do work. Better yet, in addition to joining an organized boycott, write a personal letter to the company explaining the reasons you are shopping elsewhere.

Media Matters has been covering the boycott against companies advertising on Glenn Beck. I can't stand watching Beck, but Media Matters does so you don't have to. Here's the list of advertisers still supporting Beck. If you are purchasing their products find an alternative. Hit them in pocketbook where it matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment